A beautiful Limited Edition Giclee Art Print by Judith I Bridgland for today’s post. It reminded me of when I was small and we had a family holiday near Loch Awe and a trip to the Cruchan Power Station. The power station is set amongst some of Scotland’s most beautiful scenery, hidden from view deep within Ben Cruachan, it is one of the country’s most amazing engineering achievements.
Since I love walks though leafy lined streets – I wanted to share Autumn Leaf by Nicola Williams, but there are so many to choose from I decided to include a few more of her designs.
Autumn is my favourite season, I just love the colours in the trees, they change almost, on a daily basis. Nicola’s designs are so real you would think you could just reach out and touch them ! The detail is superb.
I enjoy Autumn, it brings with it a seasonal change in diet too. A need for a hearty, warm and delicious bowl of soup – perhaps for lunch or as a warmer after a leafy lined walk !
One of my hearty Autumn Soups is Sweet Potato and Chilli – tasty and comforting with a fiery kick.
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves of Garlic – crushed
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes or add to taste
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- Black Pepper to Taste
- 1 Large Sweet Potato – peeled and cubed
- 750 ml Chicken Stock
- 1 Tin Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Coriander
- Put Olive Oil into a pan and warm, add the Garlic, Chilli, Ginger, Pepper and cubed Sweet Potato. Stir making sure all the Sweet Potato is covered with the spices.
- Add Chicken Stock and bring to boil, then simmer for 20 – 30 minutes or until Sweet Potato is tender.
- Remove pan from heat and allow to cool slightly, then blitz with a hand blender. Once smooth add coconut milk and return to a low heat to warm though – don’t boil.
- Serve immediately, garnish with coriander.
Serves 2 – 4
This goes great with warm crusty bread rolls too !
A wee video featuring some of our Calendars for 2015 . Take a look .
The 2015 inspiring collection of Slim-line and A3 Calendars, includes work from our regular calendar artists and photographers, as well as new calendar works from artists, Ingrid Nilsson, Stuart Roy, Diana Hand, Jenny Handley and Carolanne Jardine.
New for this year, and I am quite taken with the simplicity of the design – is a clear and easy to read large print 2015 calendar. Printed in black and white, the month and dates are displayed without any fuss.
The calendars are in useful A3 and Slim-line sizes and are sealed in a cello bag with card stiffener. If you wish, you can opt to have the calendar sent with an envelope for posting.
Photographic 2015 Calendars
Keeping in touch when your on the go – how would I get any work done without the internet !